Back in the saddle, again!

It's almost been two years since I last blogged here. Man, things sure get dusty when you don't visit once in a while.

While I've been writing some, and shooting pictures, and substitute teaching, I just don't have enough to keep me bus say   my retirement, so I thought I'd see how many people I can bore by blogging.

Blogging is a strange beast. It's like a combination of column writing, reporting, newsletter, journaling, and Dear Diary.  I started Home in the Hills six years ago primarily to help market my second book, Just Another Day in Paradise. That purpose didn't last long, so then I began using it to share my Odds & Ends column when friends who weren't subscribers to The Baxter Bulletin could no longer get access to it in the online edition.

Two years ago, Odds & Ends fell by the wayside as I became The Answer Dude for The Bulletin. That lasted a few months, until Gannett decided I, Linda Masters, and Kevin Pieper might want to retire. When a corporation with a reputation for staff cuts and layoffs suggests you might want to retire early, and offers a buyout package, that seems like a pretty good hint that you should take the money and run.

And so we did.

That's history now. This is a new beginning for my blog. Sometimes, I want to say something that's too long for a Facebook post, or a tweet, or other social media outlets. I believe this will work much better for me.

Plus, I'm not limited on what I can say and write here. To paraphrase a popular hair restoration commercial, I can be funny with this blog (or at least try), I can be serious here, I can write about anything I want here, I can mess up this here blog if I want to. I also think I can test the waters with writing samples here from works in progress, share things I find interesting, and just meander as I often do on different subjects.

I'll try not to be too boring or long winded, or too serious; there's enough serious in the world. I'm not sure yet how often I'll toss out one of these missives, but I intend to blog a little more often than every two years. I hope some of you will join me on this new journey by following Home in the Hills. If you're reading this, you've likely already followed the link to the page, so, please, just click on the follow button and come along!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts