Hi, y'all!

Welcome to Home in the Hills! This is my first entry here, so a little about me. For 33 years (damn, that's a long time!) I've been with The BaxterBulletin at Mountain Home,Ark. For 31 of those years, I've been married to Kim. We're sort of opposites in many ways, but we've been attracted to one another since we first met. Kim keeps my feet on the ground while I keep dreaming. I do that a lot because I call myself a writer. I've been a reporter since I was in college at East Texas State University back in the 1970s (damn, that seems like a long time ago!), followed by two years at the Texarkana Gazette.

At The Bulletin, I've covered everything from city council meetings to murder trials, written feature stories, written editorials, and writtten my weekly column, Odds & Ends, almost as long as I've been married to Kim. I have a book of my columns available, A View from the Hills, and I've been at work for a while on a followup collection, the perpetually "forthcoming" Just Another Day in Paradise. I've been trying my hand at fiction (although some say that's all newspapers are) of various styles. I also have a couple of other non-fiction book ideas in mind. So, from time to time I'll be "talking" about my writing projects here. And sometimes I may write about topics that wouldn't work in my column, editorials or the paper in general.

Back to family life. Kim and I have two children -- Eli, 26, and Amelia, 15; we didn't get in a hurry. They are my pride and joy. I can't imagine life without them and the pleasure they've brought into our lives. Sure, there have been times of pain and troubles, but that's true in any family. I know they, like everyone, will have a rough row or two to hoe, but I'm sure they'll always come through fine. My main dream and desire for Eli and Amelia is that they be happy in their lives and choices. We can't take all the bumps and bruises for them, but Kim and I are there to help them through.

There will be more to come, but for now, welcome, and drop back by soon.















t

Comments

Popular Posts